Thursday, September 9, 2010

Summer Is Over

Summer is over, classes have started, and my how time flies. I already have talked to five parents of high school students who made new friends and ended up drunk. In one case, the parent decided she had been too strict and not given her child enough freedom to make wise choices earlier in life. I believe two other sets of parents may have kept too close reins on children and they went wild when they got the chance. It is going to be an interesting year.

As parents, we need to find ways to allow our children enough freedom to make mistakes and suffer the consequences before those consequences become life issues. Children need choices and accept responsibility for their actions. this lesson can start very early in life.

I have enrolled in two Communication Studies classes and find both to be interesting. One is political and one is interpersonal. We cannot not know too much on communication! Making a living and studying will take much of my time, but I will try to post interesting tidbits.

Until next time,
Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment